Rental Property Registration
Chapter 156, Property Maintenance Code, states that every rental property owner must apply for a permit before renting property. Permits are valid for 3 years. Failure to register will result in penalties.
The fees are as follows:
- Single Family Rental Units (House) – $100.00
- Multi Family Rental Unit (Apartment) – $60.00
- Failure to show for scheduled inspection – $50.00
- Failure to Register a property – $150.00 per unit (A property shall be considered not register once notice has been given to the property owner and 30 days have passed since notice has been served via first class mail. A failure to register extending beyond 90 days is a municipal infraction subject to the provisions of the Missouri Valley Code of Ordinances.)
- In addition to the above fees, the City of Missouri Valley may charge the owner of housing a late payment fee of $25.00 and may add interest of to 1.5% per month if a penalty or fine imposed under the Inspection Fee Schedule is not paid within 30 days of the date that the penalty or fine is due.