Due to the impending weather, the City of Missouri Valley has issued a Snow Emergency. The Snow Emergency shall start immediately and continue for 48 hours after the last snow fall. No person shall park, abandon, or leave unattended any vehicle on any of the following designated public streets, alleys, or City-owned off-street parking area for more than 24 hours during any snow emergency unless the snow has been removed or plowed from said street, alley, or parking area and the snow fall has stopped. A snow emergency parking ban shall continue from its proclamation through the duration of the snow or ice storm and the 48-hour period after cessation of the storm except as above provided upon streets which have been fully opened.
The Parking Ban includes the following areas:
1. Erie Street from Blaine Street to Ninth Street;
2. Fifth Street from Erie Street to Huron Street;
3. Fourth Street from Erie Street to Huron Street;
4. Third Street from Erie Street to Huron Street;
5. Huron Street from Harrison Street to U.S. Highway 30;
6. The alley between First Street and Second Street, from Ontario Street to Huron Street;
7. The alley between Second Street and Third Street, from Ontario Street to Huron Street;
8. The alley between Third Street and Fourth Street, from Ontario Street to Huron Street;
9. The alley between Fourth Street and Fifth Street, from Ontario Street to Huron Street;
10. The alley between Fifth Street and Sixth Street, from Ontario Street to Huron Street.
There are City parking lots available for use. They are located north of the Eagles (110 South 5th Street) and at the Missouri Valley Aquatic Center (700 West Huron).
The Missouri Valley Police Department is authorized to removed a vehicle from a street, public alley, public parking lot or highway to the nearest garage or other place of safety, or to a garage designated by the City, when any vehicle is left parked in violation of a ban on parking during snow removal operations.
The Snow Emergency may be extended or shortened when conditions warrant.