Parks and Recreation
Christopher Myer, Park Superintendent-Click here to email.
Kenneth Randeris-Park Maintenance
The City has three parks:
City Park/Harrison County Fairgrounds is located at 800 West Huron.
Summit Park is located on Summit Street between North 3rd Street and North 4th Street.
Willow Park is located on Park Avenue and West Superior.
The City of Missouri Valley does NOT sanitize equipment. Please use it at your own risk.
Missouri Valley City Parks and Camp Sites are open from April 15th through October 15th.
The City Park, Groom's Hall, and Concession Stand are available for rent. Groom's Hall is air conditioned and the cost is $75/day. The cost to rent the Concession Stand is $50/day. The City Park is also available for daily rent. The fee is $100 with no electricity, $150 with electricity, and a deposit of $100. Please call the Clerk's office to check availability and to rent the facilities.
Camping is available at the City Park, 800 West Huron. Rates are $15/night for electrical spots and $5/night for tents. There is a dump station and playground but no open fires are allowed. No reservations are accepted, first come, first served on a self registration system.
Please call the City Hall at 712-642-3502, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. if you have questions or concerns.
City Park Camping Rules
- Campsites are first come, first served. No reserving of sites.
- Camper must pay fees by the end of the day of arrival. Camper must pay camping fee regardless electrical hookup usage. Camping slips must be filled in completely and legibly.
- The camping stub must be placed in a window or a spot that is easily visible by a park employee.
- Campers may stay 14 days in one spot, after which they must move to a different spot. For an exemption, please contact a park employee or City Hall. (712-642-3502, 8:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M., Monday through Friday)
- Tent Campers may stay 2 days in one spot, after which they must move to a different spot.
- Pets must be kept on a leash or tether. Campers must clean up after their pets. (Suggestion: The city dog park, three blocks north of the city park, is a good place to take them.)
- Only one RV per campsite. Only one tent per RV.
- NO campfires.
- NO clotheslines permitted.
- NO Pools.
- NO driving or parking inside the fenced area.
- NO ground disposal of ANY drain water. Use the dump station.
- NO camping in vehicles other than campers or RVs.
- Camper is responsible for cleaning up campsite before leaving.
- Restrooms are open from 7:00 A.M. to 12:00 A.M. They will be locked after midnight by the Police Department.
- Quiet time: 10:00 P.M. to 7:00 A.M.
- Check out time: 3:00 P.M.
- Police have the right to remove campers causing problems with other campers or city employees.
- Destruction of property will result in a police situation. This includes destruction of park trees, picnic tables, restrooms, other park property, etc.
- All camping will be closed the week of the county fair. Campers in the park will be notified 2 weeks prior, and it will be posted.
- Any person violating any of the provision of the foregoing sections shall be guilty of a simple misdemeanor.
Rates are $15/night for electrical spots. There is a dump station and open fires are not allowed.
Manager: Hope Hankins; Assistant Manager: Loree Hankins
Pool Phone - (712) 642-2001
The Aquatic Center is located at 700 West Huron.
Aquatic Center 2021 Rates
Donate to help build a Dog Park Please help create a safe and attractive place for dogs and (humans) to walk and romp. Click here to learn more about this fun and needed project and where to make your donation. There will be a Donor Board - Bone Acknowledgment for $250 Bronze, $500 Silver and $1,000 Gold displayed.