CLIMATIC AND GEOGRAPHIC DESIGN CRITERIA
- Ground Snow Load = 30 psf
- Wind Speed = 90 mph for a 3 second gust with Exposure C
- Seismic Design Category = B
- Weathering Probability for Concrete = Severe
- Frost Line Depth = 42 inches below finished grade
- Termite Moderate to Heavy
- Decay = Slight to Moderate
- Winter Design Temperature = -5 degrees
- Flood Hazards = map revised date of April 2, 2002
(Ord. 5786 § 4 (part), 2004).
- 2009 International Building Code
- 2009 International Residential Code
- 2009 Fire Code
- 2009 Existing Building Code
- 2009 Mechanical Code
- 2008 National Electrical Code
- 2000 Uniform Plumbing Code
- 2009 Property Maintenance Code
Refer to the City Code for more details on the adopted codes and their amendments.
INFORMATIONAL BROCHURES AND SHEETS
Foundation walls, piers and other permanent supports of buildings and structures shall extend a minimum of forty-two inches (42") below finish grade for frost protection. A continuous frost protected foundation shall be constructed when supporting a heated building and/or habitable area. If spread footings are used they shall be of adequate size and be provided where necessary to properly distribute the load within the allowable load-bearing value of the soil. Alternatively, such structure shall be supported on piles where solid earth or rock is not available. Footings shall not bear on frozen soils.
Accessory structures that are heated or unheated and are 576 square feet or less may have the minimum depth of the continuous footing for the foundation and slab twelve inches (12") below finish grade where the footing, foundation, and floor are one integral unit (floating slab).